High school vacation week
High School Vacation Week
Babilonia - Center for Italian Language and Culture's location in Taormina, Sicily, the Pearl of the Mediterranean, is an ideal setting for high school students to study abroad in Italy and advance their Italian language proficiency. Taormina is safe, compact, and overflowing with Sicilian hospitality.
High school students live with host families and enjoy breakfast and dinner with the families. Our host families are carefully selected and many of the families have been hosting Babilonia students for many years, enthusiastically sharing their Italian culture with the students. Dinner time conversations are lively and provide additional language and culture exposure for the student.
A maximum of 10 students in each language class accelerates language acquisition and allows teachers to identify areas of strength and weakness. Between classes, students mingle in the gardens completing assignments and socializing with the international students who enroll at Babilonia to study.
Lunches of traditional Sicilian food, always fresh, healthy and tasty, are provided Monday to Friday by the Babilonia cafeteria. Students order a salad, panini or dish of the day (piatto del giorno) and the lunch is prepared fresh to each student's specifications.
We invite teachers in U.S. High Schools to encourage their students to join our High School Vacation Week in Sicily. Groups accompanied by teachers are also always welcome!
High School Study Abroad in Sicily, Italy Vacation Week Program Dates for 2015
February 7th February 28th March 14th March 28th April 11th April 25th
February 14th March 7th March 21st April 4th April 18th May 2nd
Cost of High School Study Abroad in Sicily, Italy Vacation Week Program 1290 Euro
Study with a Buddy Discount: Enroll with a friend and share a room and each student gets a 100 Euro discount
High School Study Abroad in Sicily, Italy Vacation Week Program includes
- Airport pickup and return to Catania's Fontanarossa Airport
- Pre-departure orientation (via Skype)
- Orientation in Taormina
- Host family accommodations with single room (7 nights)
- Daily breakfast and dinner with host family
- Daily lunch Mon-Fri at Babilonia café (choice of Panini, salad or daily special; water or soda; dessert)
- One week Italian language immersion course (maximum 10 students per class)
- Afternoon small group or individual diagnostic tutoring sessions (one hour Mon-Fri)
- First Day Package (totebag, notebook, 2 ring binder, discount card for local businesses, pen)
- Free wireless internet at Babilonia during school hours
- Free use of Babilonia PC’s during school hours
- Guided Historical Walking Tour of Taormina
- Seminar in Italian culture, history, literature or art
- Italian film social
- Social activity
- Saturday full day excursion (varies according to week enrolled)
- Final certificate from Babilonia
Airfare not included
More about Sicily
Students may directly transfer credits into their home university or earn US university credits through Auburn University.
REQUEST ACADEMIC SYLLABI
For more specific details on study abroad programs, please contact:
U.S. Academic Advisor
tel/fax: (+1) 603-894-5552
Cell (+1) 978-828-3228